GETTING MY FIRST 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve owned a ton of cars and trucks, way too many to list, but I have owned a first series 4Runner, an FJ Cruiser, a 4x4 Tundra and currently own a TRD Pro 4Runner and a 4x4 Sequoia. I always wanted an FJ80 since I sat in one at the Miami Auto Show back in 1991. Always try to have at least one vehicle with a manual transmission. Currently all of my cars shift for themselves. I was looking for a project with 4x4 and a manual and was looking at FJ40s, Land Rovers, and Hilux pickups. I happened to find a site selling a 1993 FZJ80 with a manual and 70k miles. I couldn’t believe it. Had the vehicle checked out and put a deposit on it today. Should be shipping out next week. I can’t wait. It’s going to be an overland type build but something my wife and I can drive from Florida to Utah if we can‘t (like right now) or don’t want to fly. Already hitting the ARB Catalogue. Thinking air lockers, a mild lift and freewheel hubs since we will do a lot of highway driving.

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Manual transmission? Was this a conversion or a foreign market unit?

Manual transmission? Was this a conversion or a foreign market unit?

Has to be one or the other. The U.S.-spec '93's came with the A442F auto trans right?

I don't think Toyota has sold a manual transmission Cruiser in the US since the FJ60 (1987). It's a damn shame.

It’s a FZJ80 The only way to get a manual from the factory is to buy an import.

Also the only way to get an FJ80 with 70k miles😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom