Getting Cranky about the Crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a week and a half gathering parts to build my own pressure hose for the steering (from a thread I found here on MUD), I put the hose on, put all belts back on then started up the cruiser to check for leaks. Took a little while to get the engine going, but once accomplished I now see where the crank pulley is now wobbling again! Must have thrown the key when I tried starting it up. So now generator, steering pump and probably water pump are all shaking again. So much for the welded key. Anybody have any ideas of what to do now? I am not too interested in putting a new crankshaft in - if i'm going to go through that expense I'm considering putting in another engine - one with a little more horse power to get around in daily traffic. Is the alternative to weld a key and the pulley to the crank? I know this will basically ruin both for future changes. But I am very tired of fixing A then fixing B, just to go back and fix A again. Any serious suggestions would be appreciated.
Charlie

Sorry to hear that. I also gow weary of multipal repairs to the same problem. That explains the leaky header on our fj60. I suppose you could inquire how much a hot rod 2F from Man A Fre is. If you are thinking about V8 then I really really like the new Gen 3 engines from GM. Put it on a new charge card for 0 interst for 6 months...
C Ya, Don P.

Denton Auto Salvage In St Marys Ks Has An 81,00 Mile 5.3 For $715.
Also Check Tru Car-part.com And There Is A Parts For Sale And Parts Wanted List Here On Mud.

I Serched Car-part.com And About The Nearest Yard With Land Cruiser Motors Is Denver Or Somwhere In Ohio Or Michigan...

C Ya, Don P.

What I remember, I hadn't been there in about a year, only the fj62 had a good engine. All the 2F's were FUBAR.

C Ya, Don P.

Charlie I know a guy who has the complete drivetrain out of a 79 if your interested. Travis Swenndson 785-224 7003. I think he wants $800 for everything. motor, tranny ,transfer case, drive shafts ,and axles. He might even do the install for you. He is a GM Tech at Bozarths here in Topeka. He put a Chevy drivetrain in the 79. He also has a set of 72 axles. Maybe you could sell the parts you don't need and come out pretty good. Kirk

I think will investigate the 5.3 (used) Don Thanks! I guess the GM Vortec 4.2 is still junk? I had hoped by 2004 they would have worked out the kinks.
Thanks for all your input.

Charlie,

I just was a lookin at the GCC web site. There is a free for the taking 2F in their foram.

C Ya, Don P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom