G'day, fellow V.I.'ers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTV

Threads
Good day, Sirs.
I have been reading a lot of your posts on the forums, and it seems as though some of you are information libraries when it comes to all things Cruiser, including KZJ78's. Mine is a 1995 KZJ78W.
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered (apparently April 14th, but I'll believe it when I see it), but while it's in transit, I'm trying to get things ordered in advance so I can get the ball rolling when it finally does arrive.

One thing I have to do for sure is tires, because of the 3 dot thing. I'm going to be lifting it a bit, likely 2-3 inches, and mine is coming with the 15x7 -22 offset wheel, so I'm thinking now is probably a good time to get a different wheel to accommodate more tire options. I have found an option I like, that seems to fit the bill. Mickey Thompson Classic III, in a 16x8 -22, wrapped with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 285/75/R16 AT. I'm hoping that even though it's 1" wider, keeping the same offset will be enough to keep from any rubbing anywhere. As far as my uneducated self can tell, these should work... Mickey Thompson 2368413 Mickey Thompson Classic III Polished Wheels | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtw-2368413#overview I won't be ordering it through them, but they have a good spec table. Dobinsons seem to be sold out until May as their rear springs aren't in stock, so I'm looking at either OME, or Ironman, or some other kit, unless you have a lesser known option up your sleeve I should be looking at.

Other than the lift and tires, from what I can gather, keeping the engine cool should be my next priority (more important, but not a legality like tires). I have read about larger exhaust from the turbo back, and a better intake can help with the EGT numbers, but finding the actual parts to do this has been hard to navigate. Does any company make the exhaust, or is this all custom work? Any specific gauge that gets the nod over the others?

Beyond that, it'll mostly be cosmetic and electrical stuff like a new stereo etc, but mainly, I'm hoping to know about wheels, lifts, and ways to keep that engine cool.

I'm on Bear Mountain, and happy to supply beverages for help and info.

I hope this finds you all well!

Brian

Intercooler, there. Now you owe me a beer.

I'll try to organize a meet at six mile pub soon, and I can give you LOTS of ideas in person. Congrats on your purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom