Gary's Memorial Fall Run 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see this has not been cross posted to the FB group yet. I will do it today and post back here if there are any more who are going to join. see you all Saturday

Easy peasy with a trailer, bringing mine. The only time it would be sketchy is on the way up/down with too much snow/ice, and ice hasn't formed on the road yet, and not seeing any chance of snow at our elevation Mt Cheam Weather Forecast (2134m) - https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mt-Cheam/forecasts/2134

PS - EXPECT RAIN ON SATURDAY

Yup, as long as that sidehill section is not iced up would be no problems. Looks like it should good, if the forecast stays true. I've towed the M101 around a few trails and turned it around on a few tight trails. Always been able to make it work as needed.

At this point highly unlikely to camp, but its a short hop out to the road so it's an option for those that are not camping to stick around the campsite and visit for a bit. I may well do that.

Sounds like Daryl is going to meet us at the beginning of the run, as he has the last few years. I will be sending him a note when we confirm location. I'll be at the airport for breakfast.

gb

I can bring a shelter tent also, hoping to make breakfast can also bring a BBQ if wanted/needed.
If it's packed and good to go might as well bring it. We should be good with the two stoves, but a backup or two is always good.

gb

John @canucksafari is looking for a ride on Saturday with anyone who has room. Pick up would be in Abbotsford. He can’t log into Mud but did see a post on FB and will say the same there.

gb

@Antarctican what do you figure...Head up Thurston and check it out? Warm out so should be no worries I would think.

Have:

-50 hotdog buns
-36 Costco HotDogs
-20 chedder/Jalapeno smokies
-Flat of water.

Norm has condiments and treats.

Unsure numbers (many sign up on FB?) so hope that's enough.

See ya'll in the AM.
gb

Looks like maybe 2 or 3 off Facebook.

Yeah we're going for sure. Only camping if anyone else camps, else we'll skip it of course. EDIT: not seeing anyone camping so we'll just be up for the day.

Last edited:
I’ll pass this on to Daryl and he will met us at one of the two spots: on Chwk Lk Rd or at the air down spot. He was considering camping, but does not do FB and can’t get into Mud just now.

gb

Not looking like I’m making it out, got a function to attend with :princess: in the afternoon.

I can't make it, work to do. Y'all have fun!

Who's taking Georgia out for you!? 🤔🤣

I won't be able to make it. Kid came down with something last night, I was hoping things would turn around this morning but it is not the case. Have fun guys!

Thanks Mike. We'll miss you

Good turnout, around 14 trucks...

P1040063 (3).JPG

P1040074 (2).JPG

Palmer.JPG

P1040048.JPG

P1040055 (2).JPG

Great Turnout and the weather looks like it held! Thanks for posting pics, Bill!

Pete, Greg: Please message me the amounts so I can e-transfer you reimbursement for food stuff.

:beer:

Great day out. The weather did indeed hold off for most of the day. Thanks Gary, for starting this tradition for the CC's. I did not take many photos, so will rely on others who were there to propagate the thread.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom