FZJ80 transmission issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, Ive had some intermittent problems with shifting in my truck and they have recently become worse. Symptoms:

1) very slow moving uphill then suddenly kicking into gear
2) slow moving with gas then sudden drop to lower gear with high rpm
3) skipping from 1st to 3rd? (Feels like) and slow movement
4) late shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I let off the gas and then it shifts fone.
5) o/d light used to come on, went away for a year after maintenance. Just came back

180 k km on the truck. Really hoping these issues can be fixed with replaced silenoids and kickdown cable adjustment. Thoughts?

That’s an odd one. 92, but 1FZFE. Does your shifter have L,2,3,D or L,2,D?

Could be any number of things, was it sudden or has it gotten worse. How’s your pressure/kickdown cable tension? Also, have you searched on the solenoids. If you go that route, make sure to get the Isuzu AW450 solenoids, they’re like 1/5 the cost of Toyota, and they’re genuine parts.

Could be any number of things, was it sudden or has it gotten worse. How’s your pressure/kickdown cable tension? Also, have you searched on the solenoids. If you go that route, make sure to get the Isuzu AW450 solenoids, they’re like 1/5 the cost of Toyota, and they’re genuine parts.

it has slowly gotten worse. I haven’t looked at the kickdown yet personally. Do you think there’s a chance the transmission is blown?

Not if it’s still working. Could need a refurb. How’s the fluid? I’d search on the forums and try to find similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom