Fzj80 transfer case. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of transfer cases:

My truck doesn't get driven much as i've moved into a house with a bus stop nearby which makes the trip to and from University much easier. Anyway, it did ~4500KM in the last 12 months. A month or so ago i decided i had better take it down the shop and get them to do a quick service however on the way i noticed quite a lot of driveline vibration. I had previously noticed some drive line "clanging" on gear/engine pick-up. Anyway i asked them to take a look and they've come back and said that not only is the front-rear universal worn out(hopefully the sound of the clanging type noise?) but the rear output bearing on the transfer case has excessive wear!

Anyone had any experience with TC wear? My main problem is a quite serious lack of funds and their first suggestion was a full TC rebuild and while in there have a look at the gearbox too. :s

Cheers lads. :)

Oil Starved Transfer Case

The only failure I can recall was related to oil starvation. I've got one sitting on my bench with 260k miles on it and it has no measurable wear.

With the oil starved Transfer case. Do you know what failed? I just picked up a 95 80 with about a half a cup of oil in the case and it wont move:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom