Fzj80 speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I wanted to keep the orignal speaker grills on the interior. I realize that I may get negative feedback back on what I used for the rear speakers, but it worked. I used 1/2" spacers on the front to pull the speaker magnets away from the window slide, with same size screws but longer. With 5 1/4" speaker from pioneer, then on the rear the same but 4" speakers, and used....here it goes....plastic toilet flanges.

20200207_125354.jpg

20200207_152214.jpg

20200207_132448.jpg

20200207_142349.jpg

How do they sound?
I only had one door speaker working at the time, all 9 speakers were factory still. But all but one door speaker was blown. These are a game changer for me. With that being said, I did have to go into the settings and change the bass level. Bass was a little heavy for me but i went in and changed the original output settings on my double din. Will need to install an amp also as I had to bypass the factory amp as it kept blowing a 10amp fuse under my engine fuse compartment.

The rear speaker grilles mount to/snap into the OEM black plastic mount. How do you plan to reattach the grilles?

Do the front grilles/door panels fit flush without rattling on the speaker?

A+ for creativity! As long as things clear and it sounds good, then I think you're golden. :)

The rear speaker grilles mount (snap into) the OEM black plastic mount. How do you plan to reattach those?

Do the front grilles/door panels fit flush without rattling on the speaker?

A+ for creativity! As long as things clear and it sounds good, then I think you're golden. :)
Yes the front grills fit flush without rattling on the speaker. On the rears one of the speakers and three hole plastic mounts was missing entirely. So i just got rid of that option and the interior was recently redone so I made a l permanent solution and used an adhesive to keep them on the panel. If i had the other original mount then I may have done it differently. These speakers did fit inside the original plastic 3 hole mount that I had just fyi for any curious, but you cant use the way they originally did it as there is a bolt that screws into the back side of the original speakers.

Would these fit?

Screenshot_20200210-154630_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200210-154637_Chrome.jpg

Finally a thread where the original grills are kept. I may have to buy some of those Pioneers that you used on the back door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom