FZJ80 Guru's in So Cal (San Diego) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I found the clubhouse and am hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction. I have a new to me 1997 FZJ80 (triple locked) that I am hoping to get on the trail soon.

The issue I am having (see other posts for details) is that my CDL is stuck on. I tried messing with the actuator, sensor, etc and finally dropped it off at The Truck Shop which specializes in Toyotas.

Long story short, they have had it for a few days and haven't been able to figure it out. I am hoping there is a guru on here that can help me out or point me in the right direction. I am willing to pay to get it fixed, however i just need to find an expert who knows the in's and outs of these rigs. If they are in San Diego, that would even be better. Don't want to drive too far with the CDL locked.

Once that is sorted out, I would like to join a meet up maybe in borrego or ocotillo.

Thanks in advance

X3 on John and SD Trux !

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will definitely go check them out. I am waiting for an update today from The Truck Shop and if it doesn't sound good I will be heading there after.

so how'd it go?
what did you mean "CDL stuck on"? light on dash?

Did you cycle the Transfer case lever from L to H a few times?

so how'd it go?
what did you mean "CDL stuck on"? light on dash?

Did you cycle the Transfer case lever from L to H a few times?

I did that as well as engage my CDL button (CDL button mod). The CDL light was stuck on and it drove like the center diff was locked.

The shop I took it too couldn't fix it and told me it was the transfercase. I was able to get it home and removed my actuator and disengaged the CDL by hand (finger in the hole and move the gears until it unlocks). So this means my transfercase is functioning fine. Just need a good actuator to test it out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom