Fun sporty cars for under $10K with good mpg (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! What about the Audi TT. The looks are not for all, but you will like they way they drive. Just be sure it's an AWD version with the high output turbo motor. I think they must be getting down there in price now. Parts and repairs should be in line with VW and A4 audi cars as it's just a different body on that platform.

Yes i am an Audi, Porsche, VW guy! They just drive better and one look at the suspension design of those Audi cars will tell you why.
you could not pay me to drive a euro car, with the exception of a air cooled 'schwagen those things are always hard to work on, a PITA to find parts for ( they are all junk) and parts are expensive. the quaility ride is not worth it.

I have a 2000 BMW 328i and it's the best car ever. Just saw one on Craig's locally for about $7500. The drive like go carts and I get about 24 mpg hwy and drive 80 mph usually. I'll never own another type of car for a DD. I've owned Nissans, VWs, hondas, toyotas, pontiacs, olds, chevy, basically everything and the BMW is a whole different beast.

If you stick to synthetic oil changes and keep up on maintenance they can easily go 300,000 miles. Plus it's RWD.

I have a 2000 BMW 328i and it's the best car ever. Just saw one on Craig's locally for about $7500. The drive like go carts and I get about 24 mpg hwy and drive 80 mph usually. I'll never own another type of car for a DD. I've owned Nissans, VWs, hondas, toyotas, pontiacs, olds, chevy, basically everything and the BMW is a whole different beast.

If you stick to synthetic oil changes and keep up on maintenance they can easily go 300,000 miles. Plus it's RWD.

That just might work! I've owned about everything else (Ford, GMC, Olds, Mazda, Toyota, Acura, Honda, Porsche, etc) but never a BMW.

My dream daily driver is a BMW 123d, two door hatchback. Twin turbo 204hp, 295 lbs-ft torque and up to 54 MPG!! I really hope they bring this thing here. I would buy it new.

123dA.jpg

My dream daily driver is a BMW 123d, two door hatchback. Twin turbo 204hp, 295 lbs-ft torque and up to 54 MPG!! I really hope they bring this thing here. I would buy it new.

123dA.jpg

Not to shabby, but I don't think I could get one for $10K if they ever decided to import them! Hell if I didn't care about the money, I may "commute" in a Lotus Exige! I drove one of those and nearly peed my pants it was so fun! :steer:

you could not pay me to drive a euro car, with the exception of a air cooled 'schwagen those things are always hard to work on, a PITA to find parts for ( they are all junk) and parts are expensive. the quaility ride is not worth it.

I know you! You are the guy with the civic 1mm off the ground and the huge tin can style muffler on the back that makes it sound like an angry bee.

I just sold my 90 E30 325i for $5500. Sweet ride, 5 speed is the way to go if you want sporty and helps with mileage. If you truly want sport you might want to check out the 95 -96 BMW M3's. Mine is a 98 and I love it. My 98 on cruise at 65 mph is averaging 30.4 miles per gallon. My E30 got about the same, both were chipped with CAI so you can have performance and gas mileage. Good luck, looks like you got a great bunch or recommendations to chose from.

I just sold my 90 E30 325i for $5500. Sweet ride, 5 speed is the way to go if you want sporty and helps with mileage. If you truly want sport you might want to check out the 95 -96 BMW M3's. Mine is a 98 and I love it. My 98 on cruise at 65 mph is averaging 30.4 miles per gallon. My E30 got about the same, both were chipped with CAI so you can have performance and gas mileage. Good luck, looks like you got a great bunch or recommendations to chose from.

You're right, lots of good choices. Not sure what to do? Really like the BMW's, both 3 series and of course ANY M3. Would like to get decent mileage, but then I keep thinking...save more money and just buy another newer LC???

Just got an E36 BMW 325i myself and it is sooooo much fun with a manual. I really missed driving a sporty car and the bonus is a new found respect for the 80 when I drive it. Best of both worlds and parts are now plentiful with tons of support similar to mud.

I bought my 83' 911 for exactly 10k in 2005. They get mpg in the low 20's. A reliable car but repairs get costly, however no more than many of the cars mentioned in this thread particularly the M3's.

5 years later I'm still loving this car and will always have a 911.
Be warned of the upgrade bug on these :) I have more money than I bought it for in mods alone...

Here's pics of when I bought it and as it sits now...
carnew.jpg
carmodded.jpg

Last edited:
Just throwing in my .02 cents you should look into celica alltracs Ive got a st165 which is a 1988 turbo celica all wheel drive there way fun to drive and you could get a really nice one for way under ten. and if you don't like the older style theirs the st185 and I know a Celica All Trac Homepage has a couple for sale all the time but just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom