Fuel Pump Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
19
Location
North America
Anyone know where to find discontinued part (23910-17030). Need to replace entire fuel pump for HZJ77. Found every other part but no luck on the heater. Appreciate any assistance.
 
Also could someone help verify which part number is the correct pump part number for my HZJ77.
IMG_4134.webp
 
Heater is for special optional "cold spec" JDM HZJ77 in cold regions like Hokkaido where first owners can order from dealer. not every HZJ77 comes with it. mine is not. and the part is now discontinued so I cannot retrofit one either. So don't need to order it as it is unobtainium unless you got lucky and know someone in Japan already who has this cold spec truck and parting out or has a spare.
 
those part numbers with フユ-エル ヒ-タ means fuel cap assy with fuel heater mounting perhaps, so if you don't have heater to begin with like I do, just order the one without fuel heater. depending on your years, I would go with 17050 or 17130
Screenshot 2026-07-27 at 9.11.09 PM.webp
 
those part numbers with フユ-エル ヒ-タ means fuel cap assy with fuel heater mounting perhaps, so if you don't have heater to begin with like I do, just order the one without fuel heater. depending on your years, I would go with 17050 or 17130View attachment 4184763
You have no idea how much I appreciate you breaking it down for me. One question, my LC has the fuel heater currently installed on the old pump. Since I’m pretty much out of luck on finding a heater, can I run with a new pump without the heater? I live in Hawaii, so no snow around. Also, thank you again 🤙🏽
 
I feel you can buy the non-heater version to delete it without harm as mine come without it and works fine in California's warm weather. Is your fuel heater defective? If not, you can buy the heater version and keep the functionality. 24v parts are rare and hard to come by if they are in working order nowadays.
 
I feel you can buy the non-heater version to delete it without harm as mine come without it and works fine in California's warm weather. Is your fuel heater defective? If not, you can buy the heater version and keep the functionality. 24v parts are rare and hard to come by if they are in working order nowadays.
Had a shop diagnose a rough idle and found a leak literally where the fuel heater is at. Before replacing it, I wanted to go ahead and change out the entire fuel filter pump. Unfortunately, it looks like the heater and the cold spec pump are next to impossible to find.
 
In this case delete heater is perhaps a good option for you. I can take a picture of my oem non-heater setup this weekend.
 
20260807_212441.webp
20260807_212621.webp

@fockinup sorry for the delay, was out of town for a business trip suddenly last week. only get to open the bonnet today just now. mine has no fancy heater as you can see.
 
View attachment 4191129View attachment 4191130
@fockinup sorry for the delay, was out of town for a business trip suddenly last week. only get to open the bonnet today just now. mine has no fancy heater as you can see.
Thank you for the pictures. Bought the pump without the heater when we last talked. Arrived and installed yesterday. Test drove it and ran cherry! Fixed the idle issues I was having. Seriously appreciate the advice and help 🤙🏽

IMG_4241.webp


IMG_4249.webp
 
Just treat your diesel and use reputable diesel and you'll be fine.

Up here in the NE I find Irving diesel to be the best in winter (once they start shipping winter diesel.....)

Fall can be sketchy as sometime they will get shipped summer diesel as its on borderline of getting cold.

As long as your glow plugs are working and you are using treated diesel you should be fine.

MY HZJ77 has started at temps below -10 f

Had a TDI that started at -26 with no block or other heater assist of any kind
 
Just treat your diesel and use reputable diesel and you'll be fine.

Up here in the NE I find Irving diesel to be the best in winter (once they start shipping winter diesel.....)

Fall can be sketchy as sometime they will get shipped summer diesel as its on borderline of getting cold.

As long as your glow plugs are working and you are using treated diesel you should be fine.

MY HZJ77 has started at temps below -10 f

Had a TDI that started at -26 with no block or other heater assist of any kind
Funny you mentioned glow plugs. Bought some new ones with the pump. Waiting for the old plugs to soak in the PB blaster from last night. Appreciate the heads up bradda.
 
Funny you mentioned glow plugs. Bought some new ones with the pump. Waiting for the old plugs to soak in the PB blaster from last night. Appreciate the heads up bradda.

Power service white bottle is your friend in winter

I use their summer formula the rest of the year
 
Back
Top Bottom