fuel issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good day all i run a fleet of 79 4.2 lt. pick up as game viewers in the kruger national park. issue is one cruiser will start finer 9 out of ten times then when you start it you either have to pump the gas pedal numerous times or get out and prime it on top of the filter. i have changed filter and checked all fuel lines for leaks no change any suggestions welcome?

The leaks are rarely visual until they are bad. Sucking in air is easier than fuel leaking out because the fuel siphons back to the tank. I replaced one section of fuel line at a time, and one morning it started instantly and stayed that way.
In my experience its usually a fuel line that has cracks at the end and can be hard to see until you take it off and inspect it.
I would start with the fuel return hose.

The leaks are rarely visual until they are bad. Sucking in air is easier than fuel leaking out because the fuel siphons back to the tank. I replaced one section of fuel line at a time, and one morning it started instantly and stayed that way.
In my experience its usually a fuel line that has cracks at the end and can be hard to see until you take it off and inspect it.
I would start with the fuel return hose.
thanks very much for the advice will give it a try today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom