Frustrated LC Owner

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 80 Cruiser Rod, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 80 Cruiser Rod

80 Cruiser Rod

Media:
    Albums:
    I still have water getting my in rig on to the DS and PS floor. :mad: I've had the windshield replaced twice and the gasket 2 times. The installer has been well aware of the install procedure and had made sure that extra urethane was used for the install. I've read all threads that I could find on this problem. I have also made sure the moon roof drain holes are clean as a whistle. I'm at my wits end with this. :bang: Where else can the water be coming from?

2. fj80toyman

fj80toyman ...One Landcruiser at a time

No mention of any work done on the sunroof drains, anything there? Have they been checked / cleaned or the drain location checked lately?

Dan.

3. 80 Cruiser Rod

80 Cruiser Rod

Media:
    Albums:
    Cleaned them and ran a wire down through all of the way to the bottom then ran water through them. The water gushed through without a problem.

4. HighNear90

HighNear90

My sunroof drains were clear when I ran weed-eater string down there, but leaking where the tube clamped to the molded sheet metal. It was running behind the headliner, down the A-pillar and onto the carpet.

I had to take off my sun visor, hand-grip, and a-pillar molding and pull the headliner down to get to it. Once I did that, I braced the headliner open and poured water in the drains from above and quickly saw where it was leaking. I pulled the tube and clamp off, put silicone on the "nipple" and reconnected the tube and clamp. PRESTO....FIXED....

5. BrotherRob

BrotherRob

Unless its coming through the floor, there has to be a corresponding wet spot.:meh: Where's the water coming from?:hmm:

6. powderpig

powderpig SILVER Star

I guess pull the carpet back real well, go to the car wash and have some one look up with a flash lite while you spray the crap out of the windsheild area and hope they see some thing. You seem to have got the two most trouble some area covered. good luck

7. notthejeepnomo

notthejeepnomo

is it from the heater circuit?

Your car would also overheat and run low on radiator fluid, and your carpet would smell funny (like antifreeze).

8. Marco7

Marco7

I recall reading about a gap at the body seams above the front door causing some leaks.
    Not sure exactly where though. I'd follow the roof channel above door to see if there's any clear entry for water to enter the interior, esp. the A pillar.

9. 80 Cruiser Rod

80 Cruiser Rod

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't think so, I'm not losing any antifreeze and it only happens when it rains.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.