Front suspension woes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First shop I went to struggled and failed with the torsion bars, said they’re “frozen” in place. What do you guys think about swapping out uca’s and torsion bar anchors?
Thanks
Ray

what is "frozen" exactly? I find hard to believe that they couldn't do anything with it. I recall breaking an adjuster bolt while trying to adjust mine years ago, but frozen is mechanic talk for we know if we try, it will probably break.

Pick up a set of new bolts and the little collars that ride in them. If the bars are really frozen in the mount, then they can be unbolted and replaced. The mount is just bolted to the upper arm on the back. You could likely back (or break) the adjuster bolts to unload the arms, unbolt the mount and then work the bar out of each end. Clean up the ends and put some anti-seize on them before you reinstall everything. Anti-seize the new bolts and collars and put it all back together.

Just my $0.02. If a shop won't try, I am sure you could find some local guys who could help out for a pizza and a frosty beverage.

Last edited:
The shop that did the initial install (OME suspension) is just a run of the mill shop, not off-road specific. We do have a shop in town that focuses mostly on jeeps, but I’m gonna try them next
Finger crossed, I’m tired of looking at my wheels and tires in my living room haha

Go
The shop that did the initial install (OME suspension) is just a run of the mill shop, not off-road specific. We do have a shop in town that focuses mostly on jeeps, but I’m gonna try them next
Finger crossed, I’m tired of looking at my wheels and tires in my living room haha
Got a quote of $240, I’ll get it in next week. Fingers crossed boys!

What's the problem-you have an OME suspension that's not riding well, or the shop failed to install the new OME torsion bars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom