Front Seat Back Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all - Has anyone here ever had to remove the back of the front seats on a 2016+ LC200? I need to replace the map pocket net / bracket on the back of the driver seat and you have to remove the back panel on the seat to get to the bolts holding on the bracket. Before I start pulling on the panel, I wanted to see if anyone was aware of any tips here (where the clips are, or are there bolts?) so I don't break something off. Thanks!

I believe there are two bolts near under the back of the seat and then the back of the seat slides down. The dealer worked on mine and the back of the seat fell off on the way home so that's how I have an idea on how this goes.

I believe there are two bolts near under the back of the seat and then the back of the seat slides down. The dealer worked on mine and the back of the seat fell off on the way home so that's how I have an idea on how this goes.
🤣 classic. OK, thanks so much!

For anyone else that finds this thread in the future.
It's a 4 step process:
1 - the leather on the back of the seat wraps up underneath the back of the seat and is attached by two bungie chords to two hooks under the seat. Just feel under there and stretch each one forward towards the front of the seat and it will unhook and swing down.
2 - there is a footwell light that has a wire harness attached to a small hole in that flap. You need to disconnect that light from the bracket to be able to fold back the leather flap
3 - fold up the flap and there are two screws holding the bottom of the seatback to the seat. Remove those.
4 - You need to lift the whole seatback upward. the clips are thick flat plastic at the top of the seatback - picture an lowercase f. You need to pull it back towards the back of the vehicle while also pulling upward in order to unhook it from the bracket.

Putting it back on is easier - you just line up the hooks with their slots on the top of the seat and push it down until it clicks. Replace the screws, reattach the footwell light to the leather flap (a little awkward), then stretch the bungies one at a time until they hook on the hooks underneath the seat.

Hope this helps someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom