Front locker will not disengage! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was out driving locked in lockers and when done unlocked but the front did not unlock. I tried multiple times to engage then disengage to no avail. Any ideas? 1 mad lx450 owner with factory lockers.

Are you sure it will not disengage? I'm guessing the dash light is still on but is it hard to turn the wheel too?

I assume you've tried doing plenty of S turns on loose surfaces right? Try getting on/off the throttle during these turns. Try some turns in reverse as well. Mine is sticky sometimes and disengaging in reverse sometimes helps.

EricG hit it on the head i bet if you do exactly what he said they will come off, MY old 80 did the same thing and that would get them to unlock everytime!

Thanks guys this was a first for me and tried all of the above methods to unlock the front axle. The light would go out when I disengaged but stayed locked in and after 45 min of driving ,turning,backing,cussing I pulled into the driveway and she disengaged. I don't know what the deal was maybe something was iced up or bound up will get in depth when it warms up . Thanks fellas !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom