Front Camera Rock Strikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed a couple of rock strikes on the front camera. Has anyone tried a glass polishing paste? I was thinking about a polishing wheel on a Dremel. Just another OCD moment.

No but let us know how it all goes. I have a fairly big one on the front but am waaaay too lazy to address.

I would be interested in this too. Mine has a chip that makes it hard see when I’m using it.

I think rather than polishing the glass I am going to try coating it with a clear paint or something similar to fill the impacts rather than polish out.

Maybe try a piece of clearbra to protect it? I used something else on my off-road lights a few years ago....a friend had some extra material he purchased from Griotts Garage- it was quite thick, but once on - you really didn't notice it and it's kept those driving lights perfect for at least 8 years now!

That is what I was going to do when done. The strikes really aren't too bad and only bug me when washing the truck.

I wonder if taking it to a chip repair guy and having them fill it like they do the windshields would net good results? They guy I use locally does fantastic work and I can't even see the repairs on the windshield. Maybe that would be the same for the glass on the camera?

Good luck,

John-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom