Front Bench seat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@tucson_sailors Here a few pics of each frame mount going from front passenger side-front middle -rear passenger - rear middle. Total distance between left and right mounts is 23 inches.

View attachment 2975207

View attachment 2975208

View attachment 2975209

View attachment 2975210
Looks like the default mounts, any additional brackets or bracing must be unique to the actual wider seta frame itself, not to the mounting. Cool beans, thanks for the shots.

Glenn

Not the problems I'm trying to solve for. Have a lady friend with, um, very wide hips who cannot fit into the default seat with my tufffy center console. This would allow for the non constriction of her, on the occasion she would want to drive - trying to interest her in off-roading, but as a co-pilot/relief pilot not just a passenger.

Thank you for finding this, looks nice, will have to start scouring for other photos now that I know it exists.

Glenn

Not the problems I'm trying to solve for. Have a lady friend with, um, very wide hips who cannot fit into the default seat with my tufffy center console. This would allow for the non constriction of her, on the occasion she would want to drive - trying to interest her in off-roading, but as a co-pilot/relief pilot not just a passenger.

Thank you for finding this, looks nice, will have to start scouring for other photos now that I know it exists.

Glenn
This would be the perfect setup for you. My son would lay on the front seat on long road trips in cub scouts. Plenty of room!

I have one for sale

I have the 60/40 split front seats in my 1981 fj60. Do you need some photos or measurements?

View attachment 2969134

View attachment 2969135

Interesting - I never knew that North American 60s came with this option - seems it was only in the first year of production.

I have two sets of Asian market (right handed) bench seats - one came from factory with fixed brackets (no recline function), and one with reclining brackets.

I would really appreciate a picture of the inside (parking brake lever side) hinge of both your front seats. The EPC is suggesting that there is a common bracket with my fixed seats, so I would like to see if that is correct.

The fixed seats have (or rather had; the PO chopped them up) single piece brackets on the door sides of the seats, but for some reason the parking brake side of both seats had a hinge running on a nylon bush, though on the passenger (left) side reclining seat, the inner hinge is a larger assembly with a peened metal pivot (that is worn badly, unlike the easily replaceable nylon bush option on the other side. I'm struggling to make sense of it.

Hope you don't mind the odd request!

Thanks

EO

Interesting - I never knew that North American 60s came with this option - seems it was only in the first year of production.

I have two sets of Asian market (right handed) bench seats - one came from factory with fixed brackets (no recline function), and one with reclining brackets.

I would really appreciate a picture of the inside (parking brake lever side) hinge of both your front seats. The EPC is suggesting that there is a common bracket with my fixed seats, so I would like to see if that is correct.

The fixed seats have (or rather had; the PO chopped them up) single piece brackets on the door sides of the seats, but for some reason the parking brake side of both seats had a hinge running on a nylon bush, though on the passenger (left) side reclining seat, the inner hinge is a larger assembly with a peened metal pivot (that is worn badly, unlike the easily replaceable nylon bush option on the other side. I'm struggling to make sense of it.

Hope you don't mind the odd request!

Thanks

EO
I sold mine and don’t have any pictures. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom