Front axle rebuild torque specs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing new seals in my front end, but have found a few different specs for the torque of the various fasteners, some are completely different, or maybe I don't have my terminology right...I've gone thru the FAQ, and same problem there...

What do you guys recommned for torque specs for the spindle nut, the spindle nut lock nut, the 6 nuts and cone washers for the hub, the six bolts for the free wheel cap, and the bolt in the end of the axle stub?

Any help would be appreciated...

I'm installing new seals in my front end, but have found a few different specs for the torque of the various fasteners, some are completely different, or maybe I don't have my terminology right...I've gone thru the FAQ, and same problem there...

Please supply a link to the specific issue with the FAQ...

:beer:

It may be a terminology issue, or what applies to what year,

but in post #2 of https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/147584-misc-torque-specs-use-your-own-risk-faq.html it says:

"Stock front disc cruiser wheel bearing (FSM)
5 ft/lbs inner nut
70 ft/lbs outer lock nut"

then in post #3, it says

"Steering Knuckle/Knuckle Spindle/Bashing Plate 13.5 f/lb" and "Steering Knuckle Spindle/Lock Nut 65 f/lb"

in post #12: "Front Axle Bearing Adjustment Nut Initial Torque 43 f/lb
Front Axle Bearing Adjustment Nut Immediate Re-Torque 43 f/lb
Front Axle Bearing Adjustment Nut Final Torque (based on drag .9-7.3 lbs) 35 -60 f/lbs
Axle Bearing Lock Nut 58 f/lb"

I'm confused by what is what...when you get into the flange bolts, then the hub bolts, and the cap bolts...

Last edited:
Info from:

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER REPAIR MANUAL CHASSIS AND BODY

No. 98154E
FAN01.jpg
FAN02.jpg
FAN03.jpg

Thank you for the prompt response, and clarification...lol..it can't be more clear than that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom