freakin' websense filters... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...
Threads
So...I've got this websense filter at work that blocks out some of the more amusing sites...including forums...like IH8MUD.

but...not all forums are blocked. Pirate, for example isn't blocked.

Would you have any idea what the difference is between how IH8MUD and pirate are set up or defined? Both are forums, yet, pirate slips through the filter. :confused:

I have no idea specifically what "they" are using as a trigger to determine which sites to block vs. which sites to not block. I can hit the main www.ih8mud.com page, but not the forums.

honestly, no clue offhand....wish I knew, a few folks would like that....

Hey, have the same problem at another work site........can get onto the main mud site but not the forums......also can get to pirate..........is there a solution?

Lou

there's something about how the site is listed. we have websense too and i can get into mud, but i can't get into a lot of vendor sights ("shopping"), personal photo sights ("media storage"), can't view videos ("streaming media"), etc. i also won't get pictures in mud threads if people link to them instead of uploading them to mud...i just get a period where the pic would be.

what does websense say when you try to pull up mud?

on mine it says that it's blocking forums/discussion boards.

but I know it doesn't block all of them...so it must be something in the definition of MUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom