Found a 25 in a local junk yard today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

would think someone might want the fuel pump with hand primer(can be rebuilt) the rear step and the rear jump seats.........

damn, didnt even see the handle for the fuel pump. Cruiser_nerd took the rear step. I might be interested in the rear jump seats for a future project :) I'd also like that strap that goes over the tool box lid if its still usable.

albee said:
Sorry I did not relize it was not 40. I should have checked the plate under the hood. Next time I will before I post about it. Albee

Not a problem at all, I never even see 40's around anymore, let alone a 1961. :D

The left side 25 aprons had an air intake that was piped to the air cleaner. To make room for that, the hood hook is a little further back than on a later 40. Picture A little while after the air intake went away on the very early 40's the hood hooks were still in that position.....so if you want to use the early 40 aprons on your '67 you may need to move the position of your hood hooks. Might be worth a check with a tape measure to be sure they're in the right spot.

The fuel filler neck should be the same as the '67. Looked pretty rusty, as the cap wasn't there.

foxfab said:
sweet! Shoulda grabbed the generator and dizzy too :) But if he is asking primo $$$, then it might not be worth taking.

You mean I'm gonna have a blue sight glass again? :D :D

Generator was a Delco....original in the bed was a solid block of rust. Dizzy, fuel pump and green starter might be good......just didn't want to pay his price for cores.

You'll have to call me about that little blue thingy.....

I couldn't see the pics, did it have the double lensed turn signals on the front fenders? FJ 40 # 10439 has the 25 apron, etc

FJnotCJ said:
I couldn't see the pics, did it have the double lensed turn signals on the front fenders? FJ 40 # 10439 has the 25 apron, etc

Genuine Signal - Stat ones.......... :D

It's nice to know the phase out of the FJ25 parts may have been done in numerical order ........ and not just due to drinking on the job.

Here's a twist......John P noticed that even though a hardtop, it's got windshield hooks and blocks on the hood. :confused:

Yes, I noticed that about the tie downs, too. Strange. Maybe the parts were swapped?

The pictures of the front turn signal look to thin to be original. I haven't seen a set in years but I think there are the same size housing as the next generation. At least on the 1962 and in the 1962 repair manual.

I think I have a driver's side apron up north that is the right one for the 67. Only holes are for the emblem , none for side marker light or reflector

The gas fill neck on my 1963 FJ40 has four bolt holes to mount instead of three.

John

coolcruiserfj40 said:
anyone else notice the keys are there

AMC ignition..............and light switch. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom