Bug: forum redirects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys are taking the advertisement to a whole new level. Its making me not wanting to use the site. Every forum post has advertising on it

Popups, redirects, etc are all blocked within the ad networks from showing...but doesn't mean a rogue advertiser doesn't sneak one through. The networks generally catch them quickly, and I additionally get reports on what specific advertisers to block.

If you are logged in to the forum, you see the same ad "load" that I do, and I've never noted an issue. As users post, less and less ads are shown (ie: users with 250+ posts only see three, and paid/supporting members only see one ad position)

Is this on a desktop, tablet or phone? A screen shot helps immensely, but even a link to the thread might help.

Through my phone. I've taken a screen shot but will need to upload it later.

The link is the redirect.

Thanks, hopefully that helps chase the issue. Is this using a mobile browser like Chrome, or using the mobile app? ...and if the app, iOS or Android?

First off, thank you for NOT using the app :)

I did some searching already, mostly looking at any recent adjustments I've made, and might have a solution. Have an email out now, and made a few short-term tweaks in the meantime.

Your screen shots are identical to what mine would be (same ads/positioning/etc) and I use my phone browser constantly. I'm going to bet that it's a regional issue (ie: international/AUS specific) which makes being "sure" on the solution tougher...

Ok cool. I don't mind banners but not on forum posts when we are trying to get some info. Especially the redirects. Thats what annoyed me the most

Its not a popup..... but an actual redirect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom