Former STLCA Member Needs Help Obtaining Some Parts in TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bagochips76

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.overlandcruisersmt.com
Hey Guys,

I'm Stephen. Some of you may remember me from STLCA. A few years ago I moved from Chattanooga to Bozeman, MT. One of my fellow Cruiser heads here in Bozeman has a '97 FZJ80 with a blown motor. He is in need of a new/used crankshaft and 3 connecting rods. He has been in touch with a guy named Isaac in Hendersonville who has the parts and we are trying to get some help obtaining them. I am going to be in Chattanooga in August and I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to take a look at the parts to verify that they are good and usable and potentially even pick them up and maybe help me get them to Chattanooga. If y'all have a Nashville meeting and anyone from Chattanooga or say, South Pittsburgh is going to attend and might be willing to transport them south, I would be willing to provide some reasonable compensation for your troubles. This might take a group effort to pull off, but it would be much appreciated. I can then transport the parts back with me when I come back to Montana.

Thanks in Advance!

Stephen

I could possibly check on the parts for you in Hendersonville. I am up that way for work from time to time and might be able to work it out.

Regardless if we happen to have a Nashville Meeting and @radioridge make it up, he lives in Jasper and you could probably arrange pick up there at his shop.

Curious, that you can't find these parts any closer to MT. @RSHARPfzj80 is the motor in the parts truck a runner? Might could sell off the guts to live on in MT if not. ;)

That's what I was hoping could happen. Engine parts for 1FZs are hard to come by around here and shipping a crank is pricey. This way we can save a few bucks. If you are heading to Hendersonville, let me know and we can see about checking on these parts.

Thanks!

I should be in the Gallatin area one day next week. I will let you know what day and see if I can get up with the seller for you.

The motor purrs like a new one @jynx. That's why I'm gonna hold onto it ;). Hope you get it back on the road Stephen.

any progress on this? id be glad to come to a Nash meeting and pick this up if we can make it work

I can try to get the crank and rods from Hendersonville depending on the sellers availability. I am kind of random in my timing so might take a time or 2 to get together with him.

Meetings have been few this summer. I live close enough to Mathew I can get parts from him and bring to Chattanooga.

Yeah Roger, my thoughts as well. We might try to have a meeting in a week or so, but regardless, if I can get to the parts then we can get them worked south.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom