For Sale / Wanted / Free / Trade (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Early 70s fj55 rolling chassis for sale.
Location Royston Ga, 30 min N. of Athens.
Complete axles, fj60 wheels, driveshafts, steering gear, some brake lines, Springs, shackles etc. Front Bumper ends
Price: $1000 obo

Got any pics

Thinking pretty hard on selling the two tone 1988 fj62 "Loraine" since I got another '89. Looking into newer ('08+) STI Hatchbacks. Anyone made this transition? My blue baby is just too nice to sit outside and I'm always worried when these storms come in that may carry hail. I would be asking high for her but would eventually find a buyer I feel. 24.5k for a restored '88 fj62, 2 owner, with me being the son of the shop owner that did the paint and full body work.

Having gone from a 2005 STi to an 80, about the only thing in common is AWD.

That said, having fun in the STi on the road is illegal, having fun off-road in an 80 is legal. If I kept my STi much longer I would have lost my license!

Being a teenager, if you check with your insurance agent, you might find the STi is too expensive to insure!

It wouldn't be my daily driver, so that helps with insurance. I thought for a long time I couldn't get one until I was older but my insurance on the SL500 is through the roof anyway.

@LoraineFJ62 Well, it's a public forum, so my suggestion is to be original and get something besides what every other kid in America wants or drives. Find a car/truck/whatever that you like and enjoy it. If it makes peoples heads turn and say "nice car" that is just bonus. I don't think the STI does that because they are so common. Granted if I was a teenager right now I don't think a FJ62 would probably be doing that either.

With that said get what you want. If you love the STI then get it and rock it. That is what I have always done and have been rewarded every time for doing so. A wise old man told me once, "after you park your car and as you are walking away, if you don't turn back to look at it then you bought the wrong car..." I've had a few vehicles that I didn't do this with and they didn't last long at all.

Good luck with whatever you decide

20170326_181837.jpg

Well, i picked up a 100. Bittersweet, because the 60 series is going to be up for sale...

dude, keep the 60 and wheel the 100. lol

I would love to, but can't park enough vehicles here! Most guys on here have seen the 60 I would think. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message. The 100 is in good shape fundamentally, but needs interior and cosmetic work, and a freaking lift!
20170326_172338.jpg

Anybody have/know of a fj62 Radiator nearby? I don't want to drop $500 on a new one, and the one I was getting got sold out of under me. Hm.

good luck finding one, I took my stock radiator to Vol Radiator on Middlebrook Pike to have it tested, sealed and painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom