Fog Lights 98 4 runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Usually around the house, sometimes in a tree or a
I need a little help if you can. I just picked up this 98 limited. Looks to me like to PO had a set of Hella fogs installed in the lower grill, well they didn't work so I tore them apart and the WI winter had pretty much destroyed the inside of the fixture. So i put in a set I had lying around the shop for awhile. They don't work. I'm trying to figure out where they are tied into the Headlights, since the switch that was mounted into dash (aux port left of the wheel) only lights up when the Headkights are on low beam and turned on. I know its a option that was offered so the wiring was most likely there for them to use. Just need to know where to look for a fuse or relay or something that is not sending the power to the lamps. Thanks

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but...the fogs that came with my '99 ltd were activated by a twist switch on the same stick as the headlights (off the colum). Perhaps this switch is still off? I believe they are on the same fuse but I'm not certain.

theres probably one of those piggy back connectors that splice into a hot wire to the lamp housing. could also be hooked up to parking lights too. if you want constant power, dont tap into the headlamp or parking lamp wiring, just connect straight to the battery.

98s never came with factory fogs. look for a relay, or just follow the switch wires from behind the dash through the firewall to see where they connect to in the engine bay. id tear out whatevers there and just use a new wiring harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom