Flat Towing 2nd Gen Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wife and I are considering getting a DP Class A Motor Coach to travel the country. I've been looking for a 2nd Gen Sequoia and thought I'd better check before purchasing one if I could flat tow.

From what I have been able to find the answer is NO which would be a bummer. In fact most Toyota's are a NO. Guessing it's because of the auto transmission. Manual wouldn't be an issue.

Anyone got any input??

(NOT) trying to be a jerk, but have You looked in to vehicle haulers? The Sequoia/LC/Tundra drives on the trailer, attach 2 wheel straps, behind the RV and You head on down the highway. Drive off at arrival location. Best part is no 'stuffing drive shafts back in' or any of that other messy stuff?

I fully understand your answer and yes, it had been considered. If you're driving a 43' RV and then pulling a trailer, that makes the number of camping places where we can park much lower.

By flat towing, we can remove the vehicle and then park and don't have to worry about finding room for a trailer.

We've been looking at Gladiators and it's scary that I am considering one.

I fully understand your answer and yes, it had been considered. If you're driving a 43' RV and then pulling a trailer, that makes the number of camping places where we can park much lower.

By flat towing, we can remove the vehicle and then park and don't have to worry about finding room for a trailer.

We've been looking at Gladiators and it's scary that I am considering one.
Best towable vehicle we ever owned, FWD Honda Accord on Dolly. No mess, no stress, drive off at arrival, disco & stow dolly off at back of camping spot, back in RV, Connect hookups & crack a beer time! Not exactly a 'dream' offroad vehicle, but when You go from 7mpg to 47mpg, it has some rewarding features? Trust me, dropping & reinstalling Driveshafts is no fun at all, especially after 8-12 hrs of driving?

Best towable vehicle we ever owned, FWD Honda Accord on Dolly. No mess, no stress, drive off at arrival, disco & stow dolly off at back of camping spot, back in RV, Connect hookups & crack a beer time! Not exactly a 'dream' offroad vehicle, but when You go from 7mpg to 47mpg, it has some rewarding features? Trust me, dropping & reinstalling Driveshafts is no fun at all, especially after 8-12 hrs of driving?
Well, I towed a front wheel drive Accord V6 with the 6 speed manual - that was just clip in and go, no dolly to even store. And it was a pretty fun car to drive, actually.

I've seen people flat towing a 100 series Land Cruiser, but I don't think it would work on a Sequoia without dropping drive shaft. Hope you learn otherwise and can tow it!

well in two days I start a new chapter in life with a 21 Jeep Gladiator Mojave. the Tundra has moved on to greener pastures.

it's been "interesting" to research the jeep product line. we were set to order a 23 getting 7% off invoice (which is a decent deal in today's world). ended up finding a 21 Mojave that has 1,100 miles on it. former owner died and his daughter was the one selling her dad's Gladiator to split the money up between the grandkids. still has that new car smell. never been off the pavement.

first thing up will be moving up from 33's to 35's and getting off the mud terrain tires. no regearing needed for the 4:11 dana front and rear. no lift needed at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom