Flat Nasty FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I' ve been a bit overload so progress has been slow. I however sourced a D60 for the rear, and a ram or two to be put in to use for the hydro steering.

Any one got a line on some abs or fiber glass hoods w/fenders built in it? I know of one company, I thought there was a couple out there. Figure I shop the different styles if they're out there.

Let me know.... I'll do some surfing in the down time.

I've seen that rig in front of your shop but I didn't realize it was Ron's until I was wheeling with him this weekend and he told me about it so I put two and two together. Awesome, now I'll get to see that thing in action.

We got the what's left of the rear links removed with the rear axle.

I also had the D60 for the rear cleaned up and waiting to be picked up for sandblasting.

I look forward to getting back to work on this one. It may be a week or two before you see any huge steps and then the it will move very quickly.

I'll up date the thread with some pics after every bit of progress.

-John

44/60 hybrid above, what a waste of good 60 parts, and time.

YOU going to make this like SUPER WIDE ( wms to wms ) ??? just dont see the point if not.

upgrade to : ???

UNIT BEARINGS <- some moron engineers funny joke, and a TON of $$$ for replacing them.

BALL JOINTS <- great trail fixing fun LMAO

crap shoot for hysteer stuff, and anything less the f450 knuckles crack BAD.

Just cause this is a wierd setup, almost better off doing a HP 44, hp 60, or 80 center with true 44 outers on a cupped Super 30 spline set, take a bit of work to get the outers to work, but much better then a Balljoint 60 lp LC center setup.

ujoint vs birf, is about contact area in a turn, and which is the stronger design. once materials are up to par there is no contest. angles of movement are completely different as well.

cardagen (sp) joints :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom