Fj80 tailgate hinge bolt (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

876 Cruisers

KZJ70/FZJ70/HJ47/FJ80
Threads
Hey all,

Has anyone ever had to change the bolt for the tailgate stay. One of mine is bent but toyota says I have to order the entire arm to get it.

Any solutions to it?

Thanks
Dan

IMG-20221002-WA0007.jpeg

Hey all,

Has anyone ever had to change the bolt for the tailgate stay. One of mine is bent but toyota says I have to order the entire arm to get it.

Any solutions to it?

Thanks
Dan

View attachment 3130666
Take it off, straighten it, and put it back on.

Otherwise, are there salvage places in Jamaica?

Take it off, straighten it, and put it back on.

Otherwise, are there salvage places in Jamaica?

Salvage yards are here but Landcruiser are hard to find here.

I may just have to check with the parting out section to see if they willing to sell the bolt alone

Salvage yards are here but Landcruiser are hard to find here.

I may just have to check with the parting out section to see if they willing to sell the bolt alone
Are you referring to the one with the Phillips cross in the head of it?

Mi

Mine wernt pressed it. Mine just had a washer behind it. So should be able to separate

I'll check with them see if they willing to sell the bolt only

Thanks

@876 Cruisers

You are correct. You can only get the bolt by buying the whole assembly. There are also 2 or more little washer bushing things that you will get with the assembly.

That's why this is hard to replace with a regular bolt because you need the washer/bushing things.

I lost the bolt on my rig. I came up with a simple solution that I like more than the oem set up.

Post in thread 'Tailgate support hardware' Tailgate support hardware - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tailgate-support-hardware.1235254/post-13539419

In the above post I used cable that was coated in plastic. After a year the plastic separated and let the clamps come loose. Than I re made it with cable not coated in plastic and it has held up great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom