Fj80 oil pan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dude.. . . .Do you seriously have to jack up the motor to get the oil pan out of a 95 FJ80?? Helping a friend, you know the good ol'
Hanes manual. . ." remove the sway bar and twist it out" BS. You guys know any tricks? The drive shaft and all acc. are out.:bang:

Welcome to MUD. There is a lot of infomation in these forums as well as a lot of people who are willing to help out. I don't mean to sound stuffy, but I would recommend dropping the ghetto talk in the tech forums. I recommend using the search function to find your answer. This topic has been covered a number of times. For starters, I would click on "search this forum". Click advanced, type "Oil Pan" in the keywords box, and underneath it, choose "Search Titles only". You may have to look at a dozen posts but you will probably find your answer. IF that dosen't work come back and let us know. Finally, post the year of your rig when asking questions. There are different answers depending on the year of your rig.

Short answer. Yes you need to jack up the motor about 2" or 3" so the Front (big) oil pan clears the large bar that is welded to both sides of the frame.

Have fun I hear it is a pain in the rear to remove and replace

Thank you gentlemen for your prompt and curtious reply. I will sweep aside my immediate frustratiions and just use the search option in the future. The fact that you have to jack the motor is quite a surprise to me. What happened to the mantra of Field Servicability on this model. The pan is hanging there, and the only reason it will not come out is about 8mm of front bearing cap that you cannot clear due to the suspension bracing. These 80 series rigs can be frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom