FJ80 Height? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm beginning my hunt for an FJ80 - and once found I would love to keep in in my garage. Based on specs I am seeing online the standard height is 74". My garage door clearance is 83". I am wondering if I need to limit my search based on this.

Does anyone have height measurements for say a 2-3" lift and 35" tires? I am thinking it would add around 6" to a height of 80" which should fit. I am pretty sure nothing with 37"s or a roof rack will make it, but I am hoping 33" or 35" won't be an issue since many I am seeing for sale have those.

Thanks!

You'll easily be able to fit an 80 with a 2.5" lift and 35s in your garage. Depending on roof rack, it's possible. Gamiviti is the absolute lowest profile if you do not have a stock rack currently...from what I found anyway.

I think the 74" must be to the roof; we have no roof rack and a couple of stubbie antennas on top that barely clear. We have just short of 80" of clearance in the door. The truck runs a OME stock height kit with air bags, so rear height is somewhat variable, on 33s.

I really think you're being optimistic to think a taller lift and 35s will fit 80".

Also, if you're going to the land of parking decks, many are 6'6"/78" so an 80" truck may have issues even if not at home. FWIW

Ok good to know - my actual clearance is 83” to enter so sounds like I’ll stick to looking at examples with 35” tires or less and be ready to measure especially if there is a rack.

It’s not 100% imperative to park it in my garage but here in AZ the sun beats the hell out of cars and makes them a freakin oven to get into during the day. Plus I have the space in my garage so would be nice to use it.

thanks for the responses

Yeah, I'd want the truck to have a spot in the shade in Phoenix, too. BTDT.

At 83" everything may just fit. At 80" I'd be afraid of squeezing it in every time as at best it would be next to no clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom