fj80 crawler option... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the NP203 has been found out will work for the fj62 so there is a good chance it will work for the 91-92 fj80....Just thought you guys might like to know. If it doesnt bolt up to the fj80 case you'll be able 60-62 case...aside from driveshaft and linkage mods its pretty much bolt in.

Details are in 60s tech.

From everything I've heard, the 91/92 gas tank interferes, otherwise it would work on the 91/92's as well:mad:

If your willing to take all that time into getting a crawler box in your cruiser I dont understand why you could not take the time to move your gas tank a few inches "if" it has to be moved.

I was told no...the output shafts are different. I have not checked to what changes would need to be done to mod or swap the shafts.

Im not sure everything looked the same when I had both of them apart. Becuase of time I could not double check everything. I had a fellow mudder coming from a couple hundred miles away to pick the 80 series on up. I just posted this as an option...

there is about a zillion crawler options out there for a 3fe because you can bolt a 2f bell housing up too it. Im sure you could throw in an h55/h2..crawler to part time split case and not have to mod the tank at all.

there also the sm465,420,h41, and the crawler 203 all of these can be made to fit on the fj80..I just thought I would post up an option that would allow you to keep your slush box.

I still think the fj80 is the best platform to build a hardcore wheeler, much more so than the fzj80. There are a great deal of options out there for this rig and engine...

If your willing to take all that time into getting a crawler box in your cruiser I dont understand why you could not take the time to move your gas tank a few inches "if" it has to be moved.

Very true... maybe down the road for me.... but that's a very long road. Right now I can only get 200 miles on 20 gallons (I get gas when the light comes on). If I shrunk the tank to 15 or less then the wagon would no longer be the daily. On that note, if a crawler was dropped into it I'd have another daily anyway...

Loosing 2 gallons is small peanuts compared to adding one of the greatest mods you can do to the 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom