fj75 intermittent vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm new to this but some thoughts would be greatly appreciated, My old 1985 FJ75 3F troopy has a weird thing going on and it's been going on for a very long time, because it goes away for months and months and then inexplicably it's back. a serious vibration can be felt from low speeds and becomes violent at about 60-70KPH but not in the steering it's through the whole chassis.
Running 5 year old BF Goodrich 31/50/15 MT, 2" lift new shocks and leaf springs
I've driven all the way from southern Tassie to Sydney and back again and not have it happen even towing a large load on the way back. it happens for a day or two then goes away for months.... then out of nowhere it's back.
got me stuffed any ideas?

Hey Thanks for the reply Coldtaco, all the bushes and suspension components are only 5 years old. just so weird that the vibration completely vanishes for so many months at a time.

Sounds like a death wobble from a bad castor angle. Sometimes my FJ73 would get a wobble weeks apart. To diagnose it, the suspension shop made the castor a lot worse, then brought it back to a point where it never reappeared.
Mine was always worse towing a trailer. But sometimes just coasting downhill would bring it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom