Wanted Fj75 front seats 50/50. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking for a set of front seats for my 1985 troopy. I have 60/40 seats currently but need the same left and right. We are building an overland rig. I dont know what years and models are compatible. This is a LHD 5speed. Perhaps the RHD drivers seat is all i need. If you can help with suggestions please do. We are new at this and want to learn. Thank you

EF571943-048F-4E6D-9FFA-509F04B62B78.jpeg

Im looking for a set of front seats for my 1985 troopy. I have 60/40 seats currently but need the same left and right. We are building an overland rig. I dont know what years and models are compatible. This is a LHD 5speed. Perhaps the RHD drivers seat is all i need. If you can help with suggestions please do. We are new at this and want to learn. Thank you

View attachment 3188246
Im looking for 50/50 seats

Like a 50/50 split seat or just a pair of bucket seats? I have not seen a 50/50 slip front seat, just the buckets and the 60/40 bench you have. Unfortunately if its buckets the frames are a bit narrower than a 60-series, but with some welding of an adapter they might be able to fit. Also if that is the case then you are open to all sorts of aftermarket options that might be easier to find in the US. This thread might be helpful: Aftermarket seats for 70 series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/aftermarket-seats-for-70-series.1011467/

Like a 50/50 split seat or just a pair of bucket seats? I have not seen a 50/50 slip front seat, just the buckets and the 60/40 bench you have. Unfortunately if its buckets the frames are a bit narrower than a 60-series, but with some welding of an adapter they might be able to fit. Also if that is the case then you are open to all sorts of aftermarket options that might be easier to find in the US. This thread might be helpful: Aftermarket seats for 70 series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/aftermarket-seats-for-70-series.1011467/
Thank you for the quick reply. Is it possible to fit a drivers seat from a RHD troopy? Or are the seat mounts different? I think that is what you are saying. However, I think the pickup truck variant had the same seats left and right. I don’t know. I’m asking. I literally have had my troopy for three weeks. What’s the ranking below rookie? That’s me. Haha

No worries! We all start this addiction to cruisers somewhere. It depends on what your floor was setup for. The different seats have different mounts welded into the floor. For example, the suspension and non-suspension seat mounts have different floor posts welded in. I would have to defer to an expert on this one, I know the 73/74 series, but not all the 70's that well. I think if we can move this question over to the 70-section and find you a better answer. A photo of your current mounts might be helpful as well.

No worries! We all start this addiction to cruisers somewhere. It depends on what your floor was setup for. The different seats have different mounts welded into the floor. For example, the suspension and non-suspension seat mounts have different floor posts welded in. I would have to defer to an expert on this one, I know the 73/74 series, but not all the 70's that well. I think if we can move this question over to the 70-section and find you a better answer. A photo of your current mounts might be helpful as well.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom