FJ73 1hdft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day all. Just joined the mud forum so this is my first post. I have a fj73 1986 mwb which I brought recently as project. Looking at converting it to 1hdft.

received_286677702378157.jpeg

received_248731296229618.jpeg

Hello,

Welcome to the madness.

Is that the original color?

Juan

Picked up my 1hd ft the other day. Pretty happy with it. Just got to get in now.

Which brings me to a question.
I believe I have a h55f from a mid 90s hzj troops. Will the h55f handle the beefed up 1hdft?

Picked up my 1hd ft the other day. Pretty happy with it. Just got to get in now.

Which brings me to a question.
I believe I have a h55f from a mid 90s hzj troops. Will the h55f handle the beefed up 1hdft?

Should be fine with the H55. They handle V8 power so I see no issue. Now if you want to do diesel burnouts daily and or tow 10,000lbs often it may not be up to the task for decades.

We have a 1967 45-series pickup build going in the shop. It is running a FT to h55 to an FJ60 split tcase. GTurbo with over 25psi, 250rwhp. Build thread is here on mud with all the details.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply snlc. From what have been able to find and read the h55f should do the job.
Once you start playing with performance stuff longevity decreases to some extent.
Will have to check out your build thread sounds like a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom