FJ62 wiring delete for swap questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for good 62 specific threads or input on what wiring I should keep vs delete from the wiring harness during my swap. Ideally detailed pics on what connections are needed/not needed since I failed to label upon removal.

I’ve been studying the FSM wiring diagrams trying to sort things out but am not 100% sure.

I’m running all new speedhut gages so have all independent wiring for fuel level, sensors and tach.

I’ve also isolated my fuel pump wiring and have independent relay.

Specific questions:
1. Will all my lighting (headlights, brakes, interior lights, the 3 switches coming off xfer and push button 4wd work independently if I keep all fusible links and wiring coming off battery?
2. Is there anything needed coming off the ECU or can all wiring going into and out of it be deleted?
3. I can’t determine exactly where these mandatory electrical leads route and if they have anything to do with ECU:
a. A/C lead going to compressor clutch
b. Will need to tap into brakes somewhere to feed and connect to my new wiring harness to tell the 6L80e converter to disengage
c. Starter lead coming off key will need to be routed through my Neutral Safety Switch in my Lokar shifter and then to starter lead
d. Need to figure out reverse light options since Lokar shifter doesn’t have anything, looks like I’ll have to buy an aftermarket controller device
e. anything else I should look out for?

All help and input greatly appreciated.

J

IMG_6922.jpeg
IMG_6923.jpeg
IMG_6924.jpeg

I JUST DID THIS.

It’s not has bad as you think.

Basically what I understand is you are trying to remove everything you don’t need, but you want all of the power features & lights.

What I did was, anything ECU related I deleted, I just cut the connector and chased the wire down.
Then you should be able to completely pull out the cowl harness and set it aside.

Transmission control module, can be removed, just track down the wire… wires for all the sensors I just pulled through and cut, however I left everything in for the lights, horn, BB, power and antenna.

However, LEAVE all the gauge connectors in place!

After I cut everything out, EVERY SINGLE feature worker GREAT. And then it had allowed some electrical wires from the new engine to go in.

Trust the process it will work- if I can do it with 0 experience so can you.

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense or if I’m not explaining it well. I would love to answer any of the questions you have.

What engine are you swapping in?

Basically your engine bay should look simple like this. And your wiring harness should be significantly reduced,

Note: you should keep all of your colour coded wires, a couple days ago my dad threw out on accident all of my wires. So it’s worth holding onto them.

0DDAF6FD-8FE3-4FB8-846A-66758D7F0154.jpeg

4B122BF2-D1F9-47A2-9ACC-F609711C4B7D.jpeg

8EDF933D-725B-406C-979F-37821F00FBED.jpeg

4439D03C-5E15-4500-8F83-AA547362A3AD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom