FJ62 - New Radiator Fittings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did anyone determine the size of the threaded nipple for the overflow from the cruiser corp radiator for an fj60? I ordered the radiator and it was missing this part as well.

I snipped that part off because I wasn't going to use that bolt for the shroud.
thanks @NOLACC .

Was ready to mount it back in today and connect it up, but ran into a snag. Seems like you can't properly attach he mounting brackets because the threading for the fan shroud bolts is in the way. @NOLACC did you run into this with yours?

My Dremel pooped out on my today, so started to drill a hole in the bracket, but that's not giong to work. Will need the dremel to cut those brass thread shorter.

View attachment 3239100

thanks @NOLACC .

Was ready to mount it back in today and connect it up, but ran into a snag. Seems like you can't properly attach he mounting brackets because the threading for the fan shroud bolts is in the way. @NOLACC did you run into this with yours?

My Dremel pooped out on my today, so started to drill a hole in the bracket, but that's not giong to work. Will need the dremel to cut those brass thread shorter.

View attachment 3239100
No, only issues I ran in to were with the fitting lengths and top nipple...

Did anyone determine the size of the threaded nipple for the overflow from the cruiser corp radiator for an fj60? I ordered the radiator and it was missing this part as well.
Order the nipple and cap kit that I previously posted... you will have to run a tap through the threads on the radiator, it was trial and error. Start small and move up until the nipple screws in.

Back tape the hole, so no metal shavings get into the radiator.

I also used Teflon tape around the nipple threads, once tapped to match the nipple, to ensure proper seal.

thanks @NOLACC .

View attachment 3239100
Did everything work out?

1.1 Mishimoto Filler Neck w/ nipple

Found this one on eBay... Pretty sure its the same one I bought - 1.1 Weld On, $14 plus a little thread tapping will work perfectly.

I found a the nipple on amazon for 6bucks, worked out just fine. I replaced all the hoses and hose clamps while I was in there. Shes running great, on to the next project.

I just did this on my 89 fj62 with a mishimoto radiator last month and thought the same thing about the elbow fitting being too long to fit the new radiator and not snug down. Then I realized that is a lock nut that is on the threads and pulled it further down the threads and it tightened down beautifully. No leaks after 150 miles or so. I had considered cutting the threads as well before I realized this. Can’t answer the other part of the question.
THIS! GENIUS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom