FJ62 New AC Compressor Part Number & R134 Fittings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I put a new a/c compressor in my FJ62 last week, and these are the parts I used for it, I'm posting because I had a surprisingly difficult time tracking down R12 to R134 fittings that would work.

• 261822 67302 - Remanned AC Compressor - Autozone
  • 154880 4170 - 4 Seasons AC Receiver Drier - Autozone
  • 409901 - Retro Fit High Side to Straight Service R134 Adapter - NAPA
  • 409903 - Retro Fit Low Side to Straight Service R134 Adapter - NAPA
  • PAG 46 compressor oil - Autozone
  • Lots of green O-rings - My parts stock
Hope this helps someone, cheers!

Did you have to take the Schrader valves out of the original ports before screwing on the adapters? I'm afraid if I install the adapters, freon and oil will begin leaking out and won't stop, based on how the schrader valves are fitting into the existing ports.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Did you have to take the Schrader valves out of the original ports before screwing on the adapters?

Yep, use a Schrader tool or a small flat blade and take the stems out of the R12 fittings on the compressor first, the R134 fittings won't screw on all the way otherwise. And yes, when you take the stems out of the R12 fittings it will leak if the system's pressurized.

Parts question- I am knee deep in removing my heater/AC and want to replace my expansion valve and pressure switch. Hoping to hot tank and clean and reuse the evaporator. Should I use Toyota fittings or Rock Auto or Napa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom