fj60 radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would pass this information along in case someone is in need of what appears to be quality aftermarket rad- I saw in post where a fellow mudder had ordered a CSF rad from Performance Radiator- googled them, found their site and started looking around. Found one that was built for 81-87 6CYL 4.2L 255CI - called and got correct info on my second call to them @Spike Strip
This rad is made in Thailand by Radicon. Guy said they had been doing business with them for 30 years and made a good product, "solid and heavy duty" and said that they had made OEM products for Toyota and a few others- Well the parent company is shutting Radicon down due to production cost of the brass/copper - Long story longer, they have two more in stock in PA and he said when they're gone, that's it- . And these are an exact match of the OEM rads without tubing for auto trannys... Mine was $575 shipped. Should be here in couple days.. i'll post up some pics.

My original Toyota radiator that came with the vehicle when new lasted 22 years before it started falling apart.
My CSF I purchased to replace it rotted out in 4. It literally disolved. The fine fins crumbled off like rotten tissue paper. Utter junk.
While the CSF looked identical to the original when new, it sure wasn’t made with the same quality.

My original Toyota radiator that came with the vehicle when new lasted 22 years before it started falling apart.
My CSF I purchased to replace it rotted out in 4. It literally disolved. The fine fins crumbled off like rotten tissue paper. Utter junk.
While the CSF looked identical to the original when new, it sure wasn’t made with the same quality.
That's why I went with this one- read a lot of bad remarks about CSF on a lot of levels.. shipping, quality etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom