Fj60 1987

Parked cruiser today,grabbed the Ram. Got in the 60 smelled burning and had buzzing behind dash-steering wheel area. Both turn signals were on at the same time But not flashing. Any thoughts working 7 days a week. Thanks, Mike

First disconnect the battery just incase the fusible link or a fuse did not blow. Check your fuses and see if one blew, if it did that is the circuit to start looking at. With no details I would suspect the hazard circuit is a starting point. It is a key off hot circuit and connected to the turn signals. Maybe just the flasher shorted and no wiring was damaged.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
I'd check the ground junction block that's known to fry and it's right behind the cluster.

@OSS has posted pix of it but I can't seem to find them now ....

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Website
cruiserhead.com
Take off the gauge cluster and look for the melted wire. Check that you dont have the wrong fuses installed. The fuses should pop before anything burns. Check to see that no aftermarket wire is running through without a fuse.

I’ve had the truck since almost new,only an aftermarket Alpine radio in it which I bought new 30 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom