Fj45 lwb on 80 series chassis? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My plan is to get the tub and bed from aquala and put them on 80 series chassis and then put a cummins 4bt in. I am wondering if there will be problems putting the body on this frame such as things just plain not fitting right? I know I will have to make all new body mounts for the frame just wondering if there is a reason not to go ahead with this plan? Also what is the wheel base of a lwb pickup?

thanks

Hey,
we have done it too, see "travelling cruisers" in the expedition build forum.:D
https://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition-builds/245430-travelling-cruisers.html

1401256.jpg

The wheelbase of the 80 is shorter then the J45/47, but you have to mount the body more towards the front anyways to fit the radiator and orginal fan under the bonnet. So it will be quite allright with the back. Its about 10 cm difference, I can look it up at home...
If you are building a pick up, adapting the body will be less complicated.

The radiator fits from a HZJ75.
What about your powerstearing? You need the one, wich is not "speed-modulated" and doesn´t need an electric speedsignal. (third world spez.). Then you can use the mechanic speedometer of the J4.
The original airfilter does not fit any more, we used a smaller rallye filter.
The rest is metallwork :wrench::hillbilly:

Last edited:
"Joe six pack"??
Hallo, hoffe Dir geht es gut!
Danke!
Ja ;) ,
euer " Gerät" ist wirklich
f a n t a s t i s c h
, denke es macht unheimlichen Spass, mit diesem " FJ-HJ-Zwitter" zu reisen.
Wir sind viel in der Welt ( über 20 Jahre) rumgegondelt, lassen es jetzt etwas gemütlicher angehen.
Cruiser werden nur noch für Wochenendtouren genutzt, heute der FJ45, BJ43 nächstesmal.:)
Gruß in den Norden
Peter

@all
sorry guys 4 german off topic ;)

Last edited:
Soenke can you tell me if you cut up the 45 body to have it sit lower on the chassis like waggoner did to his? He said that it sits high up if you dont cut channels for the frame. Do you have stock height suspension? What size tires are you able to run?
thanks

sehr schöner FJ, da würden wir wohl auch sofort schwach werden.....
Euern 43ger kennen wir ja schon....;)
bei uns ist es damals übrigens ein HZJ71 geworden, der BJ auf den wir aus waren, war ein fake...
aber sowohl unser 71ger als auch der 78ger mußten für das neuer Projekt dann drann glauben.:frown:

no, why should I do that?
See the red hook, it goes in the front end of the frame, the part of the bumper above is equivalent a body lift.

Otherwise you will not fit the fenders over the tires or a radiator in front of the engine...
maybe you can arrange everything more beautifull further back and not so high, but we wanted to use the original Toyota parts in order to make maintenence easier

Thanks for the help. I was just wondering because another guy that built a similar truck did alot of body mods to make it sit lower on the frame.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom