Fj40 windshield

SARMARK

SILVER Star
I need to replace the windshield on my Cruiser. I would appreciate it if someone knows of a shop and could make a recommendation. Thank You Very Much,
Mark

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Z-One glass has done three windshields for me, I'm very pleased.
(775) 786-4404

They also cut flat windshield glass, you might want to check the price on that as opposed to buying a factory made one. I had the one on my FJ40 made a few years back IIRC it was so cheap it didn't even meet the deductible on my insurance.

SARMARK

SILVER Star
Just called and spoke to Z-glass and they can cut it and put it in. The glass is about $80 and the install $40. I am going to try and get it up there next week. Thanks Again!

Mark

SAHWEET!
Great info Rusty, and great question Mark!
My windshield is good, but when I pull it to paint, I was hoping I could find a place to re install it!

K

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
SAHWEET!
Great info Rusty, and great question Mark!
My windshield is good, but when I pull it to paint, I was hoping I could find a place to re install it!

K
I replaced a windshield in my first 40, it wasn't that hard IIRC. Of course that was back in '75 so my memory could be a little fuzzy after that many years.

I replaced a windshield in my first 40, it wasn't that hard IIRC. Of course that was back in '75 so my memory could be a little fuzzy after that many years.

THAT and the substances you MAY or MAY NOT have had during that period as well....:lol:

Hippie!:flipoff2:

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
THAT and the substances you MAY or MAY NOT have had during that period as well....:lol:

Hippie!:flipoff2:
Let me see, Oregon Coast in mushroom season, 1975.

I guess there is a pretty good chance there was some chemical enhancement going on.:cool:

FWIW, you might want to take the opportunitty to replace the rubber seal as well. It shouldn't be much more, but you need to verify that they carry a compatible match and not one of the cruddy 1-size fits all.

SARMARK

SILVER Star
I appreciate that tip and I sure thought about it but the 81 has spent most of its time garaged. I checked it out and then asked the glass company what they thought. They said it looked great.

I just got back from having the windshield installed and they did a great job. It was nice to drive with a windshield I could actually see through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom