For Sale FJ40/FJ45 Front Disc Brake Axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S4Cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I am selling a disc brake axle from a 1977 FJ45. The axle is complete (includes differential) minus the hubs lockouts (they were pulled for another project). Will likely need rebuilding (new caliper cores, rotors, etc.).

$650 plus shipping. I can put on a pallet and get to Fastenal if needed.

No pics at the moment but can get some in a couple days (once the snow melts...never thought I'd say that in central NC! It's wrapped in a tarp outside my shop).

do you still have axle housing available, can you send pics

I do. I can get ‘likely’ get some pics later this evening. I’m still away visiting family but heading back home today.

Stay tuned.

do you still have axle housing available, can you send pics

Pics. It’s all there sans hub locks but is covered in grease/grime. Calipers are good for cores only.

46073EDC-ED11-4FEF-A8EF-1FE849D0FB32.jpeg
2A92404A-1292-407F-AFDE-1E7B986CFC11.jpeg
0401EB95-0A2A-4210-848B-8F3580CF55BD.jpeg
17B60FA8-055F-4E90-8934-C4CDB8BB6E1D.jpeg

Still available?

Still available?

It technically is but I am seriously considered using it under my '67. I had a couple people that 'had' to have it and then appeared to quickly loose interest when realizing shipping constraints (even though Fastenal would likely be an affordable ~150 bucs considering).

I have also since learned this axle was converted to 60 series disc brakes which could be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it...larger pattern steering arms, common aisin hubs work with it (vs the super expensive long body Asco), etc. vs not an 'original' 40 series disc brake axle if you are shooting for 100% concurs correctness!

I used fastenal to send hoods and other big parts, it takes a little longer but cost a lot less. Let me know if you do sell it, I’m just starting to look to convert my 72 FJ40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom