FJ25 CUSTOM BRAKE/CLUTCH LINES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So... yesterday my clutch went bad, diagnosis = bad clutch MC. Loss complete clutch pressure, I tried flushing the system and completely black brake fluid came as a result, and still no pressure. (when I restored the system 2 years ago, I used SOR's repair kits on both MC's) And I had a revelation, what if I change all the clutch and brake system? Because when the dang thing went I almost crap myself, and also made me wonder if the Brake MC would do the same some day.
My 25 has the original copper lines I think, the problem is, and also what is keeping me up at night since it all happened... is that my lines are all bent and mangled, maybe result of bad maintenance over the years (no holes or leaks so far).

So I am going to tell you what I got and what I -hypothetically- would do to change the whole system (of course will keep all the original parts maybe resleeve the MC's in the future for when I fell like going back to the dark side). Hopefully you can tell me your insight, problems that I am not seeing, better solutions, and so forth.

What I got:

BRAKE SYSTEM: Original MC (casted reservoir) joined by a 13 mm fitting to a 8.51 mm copper line (9mm? I measured with a caliper) which in turn joins again with a 13 mm fitting to the front distribution block, from there is all 11 mm fittings but with a 6.42 mm line (7mm?) to each of the front slave cylinders, and a line (again 6.42mm in diameter) that goes to the rear distribution block with again 11mm fittings, again to each rear slave cylinder.

CLUTCH SYSTEM: Original MC (Tin Can reservoir) this one joins with a 11mm fitting to a 6.42 mm copper line (7mm?), that joins to a new adapter (from 11 mm to 10 mm) to a hydraulic hose from SOR and their replacement Clutch Slave Cylinder.

What I -hypothetically- would do:

BRAKE SYSTEM: OEM Toyota MC For FJ40 58-7/70 (change the cap on it as I saw in another thread to
repurpose the brake pressure switch), NiCopp 1/4" line with M13 x 1.5 fittings (from InlineTube.com) to the first distribution block, and for the rest NiCopp 3/16" line with M11 x 1.0 fittings.

CLUTCH SYSTEM: Aisin CMT-014 MC, to a NiCopp 3/16" line with M11 x 1.0 fittings, same adapter, same hydraulic hose from SOR, and a Aisin CRT-012 SC.

What I am still not completely sure is the threads on those M13 x 1.5 fittings, not sure if they will fit the distribution block.

So what do you think, crazy?, I did something wrong?, any bit of info or criticism would be helpful

Thanks in advance.

PD: will post photos of my current setup in a bit.

So... yesterday my clutch went bad, diagnosis = bad clutch MC. Loss complete clutch pressure, I tried flushing the system and completely black brake fluid came as a result, and still no pressure. (when I restored the system 2 years ago, I used SOR's repair kits on both MC's) And I had a revelation, what if I change all the clutch and brake system? Because when the dang thing went I almost crap myself, and also made me wonder if the Brake MC would do the same some day.
My 25 has the original copper lines I think, the problem is, and also what is keeping me up at night since it all happened... is that my lines are all bent and mangled, maybe result of bad maintenance over the years (no holes or leaks so far).

So I am going to tell you what I got and what I -hypothetically- would do to change the whole system (of course will keep all the original parts maybe resleeve the MC's in the future for when I fell like going back to the dark side). Hopefully you can tell me your insight, problems that I am not seeing, better solutions, and so forth.

What I got:

BRAKE SYSTEM: Original MC (casted reservoir) joined by a 13 mm fitting to a 8.51 mm copper line (9mm? I measured with a caliper) which in turn joins again with a 13 mm fitting to the front distribution block, from there is all 11 mm fittings but with a 6.42 mm line (7mm?) to each of the front slave cylinders, and a line (again 6.42mm in diameter) that goes to the rear distribution block with again 11mm fittings, again to each rear slave cylinder.

CLUTCH SYSTEM: Original MC (Tin Can reservoir) this one joins with a 11mm fitting to a 6.42 mm copper line (7mm?), that joins to a new adapter (from 11 mm to 10 mm) to a hydraulic hose from SOR and their replacement Clutch Slave Cylinder.

What I -hypothetically- would do:

BRAKE SYSTEM: OEM Toyota MC For FJ40 58-7/70 (change the cap on it as I saw in another thread to
repurpose the brake pressure switch), NiCopp 1/4" line with M13 x 1.5 fittings (from InlineTube.com) to the first distribution block, and for the rest NiCopp 3/16" line with M11 x 1.0 fittings.

CLUTCH SYSTEM: Aisin CMT-014 MC, to a NiCopp 3/16" line with M11 x 1.0 fittings, same adapter, same hydraulic hose from SOR, and a Aisin CRT-012 SC.

What I am still not completely sure is the threads on those M13 x 1.5 fittings, not sure if they will fit the distribution block.

So what do you think, crazy?, I did something wrong?, any bit of info or criticism would be helpful

Thanks in advance.

PD: will post photos of my current setup in a bit.

IMG_7603.JPG

IMG_7604.JPG

IMG_7605.JPG

IMG_7606.JPG

IMG_7607.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom