FJ tail lights, dash lights, etc... not working

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by CaptMike02, May 25, 2018.

1. CaptMike02

CaptMike02

I've read a thread on here that was a great read... I have a 2010 FJ and not as bad as in the thread but still have the same problem... the tail light fuse blows as soon as I turn the lights on.

I have an aftermarket hitch that the PO installed, but it looks good.... is there a plug or something that is common to the Dash and tail lights?

this looks like a great forum, thanks in advance!
    Capt Mike

RAGINGMATT likes this.
  2. 1911

1911 chupacabra

Media:
    Albums:
    Any trailer hitch wiring has to go into the tail, brake, and turn indicator circuits to function. It is a sure bet that's where your problem is. Some splice has come undone or was not insulated well enough when installed. Take apart the aftermarket hitch wiring until you find the short, there's one in there somewhere.

3. CaptMike02

CaptMike02

Well that exactly what I thought too. So the first thing I did was disconnect the complete hitch wiring.. still blew the fuse. All the connectors look good, haven't seen one bad connector on the whole vehicle.

So what's next? I haven't a clue

4. CaptMike02

CaptMike02

That's what I thought also, so I removed the hitch wiring completely but it still blows the fuse.
    Thanks 1911 but what the next step?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.