FJ - OME Lift - Spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm helping a friend do a lift kit on his 2007 FJ. He's got what looks like an aluminum spacer lift on it now, and he bought it that way.

I'm recommending that he do the 2.5" OME Light duty kit (no plans to change bumpers and doesn't tow things). ARB 2.5 Inch Lift Kit (Light Duty) - OMEFJCLKS

I'll be helping him install it. Should we pitch the spacer lift when we put on the springs/shocks from the new kit? Pictures of the spacers, and his rig are attached.

Any other recommendations on this? I'm a Land Cruiser/4Runner guy and haven't really researched FJ parts to know differences. Thanks for the help.

fj side.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

Also - is the diff drop required? I see some people changing the a-arms. Is that required also?

I did the body lift spacer thing when my FJ was new, it worked. It made the FJ look level especially with my 120lb ARB bull bar and 80lb winch. I threw that out when I got the Walker-Evans Racing set-up. Spacers do not really work with the other aftermarket stuff, change it out, they are cheap, my Rough Country spacers were $50.
I did the diff-drop on advice of many of our NorCalFJ group, it keeps the axles perpendicular to the wheels and that saves u-joints when in 4wd.
I did notice that many skid plate systems do not allow for the diff drop and have to be re-worked, which is ok for me cos I work in a Union Sheet Metal shop and we have everything for fab work and pipe work. However, skids are in my future, I currently only have the factory tin skids.
I dont plan on changing A-arms at any point soon, not necessary unless you are wheeling hard.

Yes, pitch the spacers.

No, he won't need the diff drop with only a 2.5" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom