FJ 80 Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 transmission issue. About 3 weeks ago my transmission was taken out to replace the main seal (oil leak) and when I got it back it started having transmission issues. Two things have happened. First, When I go about 5 mph in reverse it pops into neutral. Second, when I put it into "D" the rpm's go up without it moving. Eventually, the transmission engages and goes. I took it back to the mechanic and had the transmission fluid changed. No change. I took it back a third time and mechanic drove and said transmission is fine. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Thank you for any help!

Check the fluid level yourself to verify it's at the correct level before you do anything else. Get it up to operating temperature, shift through all the gears. Park it somewhere level and leave it running in Park to check the fluid level.

Check the fluid level yourself to verify it's at the correct level before you do anything else. Get it up to operating temperature, shift through all the gears. Park it somewhere level and leave it running in Park to check the fluid level.
Will do-Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom