FJ 60 lift options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phulcrum

Supporting Vendor
Threads
SO i'm looking for another 1-1.5" in lift in the front of the rig and whatever it takes to level the rear after that. I dont want to soa because thats taller than I want to go. I'm hoping someone here will have some recommendations. I have already gone down the MUD hole in the 60 series section, Too much to sift through.

On my old 60, I went with shackles that were 3" over stock which equates to 1.5" at the axle.

What's on it right now?

I have always been a fan of the OME kit and the Dobinson is also good. Best thing to level out a stinkbug is a nice stout rear bumper or drawer system. :p

Edit: I just read your post... with the 4BT I assume you already have at least 2" all around. if so, then to do the shackle lift, you will need to cut and turn the front axle to keep caster. If not, you could order a custom set of springs from someone like Alcan (mixed reviews) for a 4" lift with the center pin in the right position on the spring to prevent the diff nosedive that kills drivability.

I have alcan. they have great customer service. I called to order a nylon spacer for the leaf packs that i lost on a big bear trip and they sent me 4 and some stickers for free! Their webiste is a little dated but if you call they can help you out. They have done 60's and will know what you need.

Since this is part time 4WD, we could machine some degree shims if caster becomes a problem. I was able to just go with longer shackles on my old 60 without any of the caster related issues (lack of return to center...) that can pop up. That said, my oldster sat relatively level. If stink bugged that could case caster issues.

A shackle reversal will also help fix caster issues.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom