FJ 60 Howell fuel injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. Just wanted to ask a question about installing a Howell injection system in my 1987 FJ 60. I've installed the throttle body and accelerator cable, and mounted the EC:U on the kick panel on the passenger side. I was just wondering if anyone has install this kit on their 60 and where they cut the hole in the firewall to run the wiring loom through and into the engine compartment.
Sorry I don't have any pictures to share but I'm computer illiterate and don't know to do that. I can share what I've done with the truck if that will entice you to share any information on the subject.

When I bought it you could not shift the tranny into 2nd gear. Rather than rebuild It I purchased a new 5 speed out ot Japan and to my surprise It bolted up without having to modify the drive lines . For those who do not know the 87 and 88 FJ 60 have a spacer on the 4 speed that makes it the same length as a 5 speed and the stock drive ines mate right up. At the same time I replaced the springs with a 3" lift with Bilstine shocks and steering stabilizer and 33" BFG TAK02. I wanted to improve the cold start and idle so I purchased the Howell system. I'm a little hesitant about boring a hole through the firewall in the wrong place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Stoutman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom