FIXED!!! Bad ECU - Runs rough, CEL and P0304 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, folks, it's fixed!!!

Got an ECU from @ccslider (thanks again!), plugged it up and no more diesel idle!!!

Just took it for a test drive and, although it doesn't run perfectly smoothly (likely because the ECU is learning), it runs a million times better.

Now I have to remove the bypass wiring and plug it back in to the original harness but I've got renewed energy to do so now that she runs right.

Thanks to all who helped and who had patience with me as I tackled more bananas than I've tackled before and on the first go!

Jeff
Awesome! Glad you got it running right! Now on to the fun stuff :)

Well, folks, it's fixed!!!

Got an ECU from @ccslider (thanks again!), plugged it up and no more diesel idle!!!

Just took it for a test drive and, although it doesn't run perfectly smoothly (likely because the ECU is learning), it runs a million times better.

Now I have to remove the bypass wiring and plug it back in to the original harness but I've got renewed energy to do so now that she runs right.

Thanks to all who helped and who had patience with me as I tackled more bananas than I've tackled before and on the first go!

Jeff
Nice! Glad you got it fixed.

That's awesome! Glad to hear it.

Time to do a postmortem on the old ECM. Open the cover and see if you see any failed components, leaky capacitors etc.

I had an old Supra and I put a 1jz into it. That thing blew capacitors all the time. My soldering was on point after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom