Fitch Fuel Catalyst (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are a few pics of installed Fitch fuel catalyst. Whether or not I get good results remains to be seen. I can tell you that I have an 2008 Trail Teams Edit. Stock MPG was roughly 17.5 ( I only drive one way and it isn't easy) I have gotten 20 on long trips. I installed an OME lift (plus 10mm enhancers on front)and Total Chaos UCA's last time I was home. Then I added Swamper SS-M16 (295,75x16) and had some rubbing issues. The only full tank I've run through it with the tires got barely under 16 mpg. My speedo is 3-4mph off so you can do the math. Install was easy with the exception of the mounting band and holding the hood up (I found an old broom for this). I mounted it on the drivers side hood cylinder. You can see in the pics I used a zip tie to keep the band together so I could get bolt started. I could have used another hand but did this by myself. 30 minutes tops probably alot shorter if I didn't have to find the broom.
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0927.jpg

results so far

Well it looks as though my initial estimate at a full tank on set up was incorrect do to my old man putting a couple of dollars unknown to me when he borrowed it, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just under 16mpg. I ran a tank through it, which included a mad dash over to Houston airport and a run through a mud hole across the road to test tire grip. I got 13.5 out of that tank, not what I was hoping for. On another tank I dropped down to mid grade as recommended by Fitch and this was more casual driving around town and 65mph on highway. I got 15.7 mpg on this tank and this is without adjusting for speedo being off. So if I did actually manage to gain say 1 mpg this might pay for itself in a year but we'll see. I'll give more info as I run more through it.

With all due respect-I think folks are better off spending their $$ on simple maintenance (keeping filters clean, oils changed, fresh spark plugs, etc.) than "fuel saving 'devices'" such as this, the "vortex", etc.

That being said, I AM a believer in SOME fuel additives. I think Techron is a good one to keep fuel injectors clean..."Stabil" for long term fuel storage, etc. But I'm pretty anal retentive: I use distilled water when flushing my radiator...

Yep, I believe I got suckered. Saw two seperate write ups in crediable magazines and looked promissing (promissing myself not to be so foolish again) I don't see any true results from the addition and would not recommend this. I could have used the money to replace the rear fender molding I ripped at spring creek last weekend. Live and Learn.:doh:

You learn from mistakes!

Yep, I believe I got suckered. Saw two seperate write ups in crediable magazines and looked promissing (promissing myself not to be so foolish again) I don't see any true results from the addition and would not recommend this. I could have used the money to replace the rear fender molding I ripped at spring creek last weekend. Live and Learn.:doh:

A LOT of stuff can look great on TV and writes ups...and I'm no exception.

I almost bought a "Sham-Wow" on late night TV, but sobered up before I could find my credit card!!

Bottom line is, if there's a COST effective way to save fuel on a vehicle, the manufacturer would have it installed! But sometimes, ya gotta try it yourself, because results may vary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom