First Post - TPMS Swap Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post here on ih8mud...

Apologize if this has been brought up elsewhere, but after searching this forum and clublexus, I haven't found the right answer (plus I'll admit, my search skills aren't the sharpest).

I just purchased a 2013 GX 460 (sight unseen), based on a tremendous amount of information found on this forum...so thanks! While the vehicle is being transported to me, I'm trying to get all of my ducks in a row regarding wheels, tires, suspension, etc.

So with that, I also ordered a set of the TRD Pro 17 x 7 wheels to mate up with some new rubber. In any case, I'm conflicted on what I should do with regards to TPMS, and I'm hoping this group has some insights for me.

I see two options:

(1) Buy some off-the-shelf TPMS sensor to stick into my new wheel & tire setup. However, after perusing Amazon, forums, and other sites, it seems that people have issues with anything other than the OEM 42607-48010 sensors, which run about $90 a wheel.

(2) I could pay a tire shop to remove the OEM TPMS sensors from the OEM wheels, and transfer those into the new wheel & tire setup. However, I'll need to pay $35 per tire for them to do that, plus that means I'll be selling those wheels and tires without TPMS. Is there any value in trying to sell the 18" OEM wheels with TPMS and tires, or am I better off pulling the TPMS for my new wheel & tire combo?

In any case, I'm looking for recommendations or insight on what my best plan of action is. I know I can do a TPMS delete and fix the error on the dash, but would like to keep the TPMS functionality.

Curious to hear your thoughts & experiences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom